Gearing up before COP27 – the Conservation Collective autumn newsletter!
This time around we showcase two huge impact updates:
- A memorandum of understanding was signed to develop Amorgorama, a project funded by the Cyclades Preservation Fund and led by the Professional Fisher’s Association of Amorgos (Greece), into a fishing protected area.
- Biome Algae, a UK, offshore, seaweed farming and processing plant supported by Devon Environment Foundation has recently secured investment to scale up the project across other regions of SW England. Biome Algae is now England’s biggest seaweed farming company.
Recap of summer events:
- ORAA x Deutsche Bank Ocean Conference in Mallorca
- Blue Marine Foundation Mediterranean strategy conference in Turkey
Save the date:
- Conservation Collective Wednesday Wisdom Webinar:Blue Carbon: navigating the opportunities, and risks, to benefit people and planet
- 7th December, 1pm GMT. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the full newsletter here