A 2022 wrap up from the Cyclades Preservation Fund, a year that marked half a decade of environmental action in the Cyclades!
Looking back to 2022:
- The CPF Islanders Forum – An annual meeting with local environmental champions from different islands of the Cyclades to discuss and exchange knowledge, experience, and solutions. This year the event gathered 50 attendees from different sectors!
- Revegetating the schools of the Cyclades – Bringing children closer to nature by planting native plants, removing garbage, and raising awareness about pollination
- MoU for Amorgorama – To kick start conversations with the Ministry of Fisheries to increase Marine Protected Area coverage of Greece’s national waters
- Posidonia Alert – Continuing to raise awareness and promoting boating best practices around Posidonia meadows
- Dry Stone workshops – Restoring sustaining cobblestone walls
- Pick the Alien – Promoting the consumption of edible invasive species
Read the full newsletter here