The Pakistan Environment Trust (PET) have launched the Net Zero Pakistan Coalition through a CEO Roundtable supported by the British High Commission and the Pakistan Textile Council.
- 10 companies have joined the coalition with ambitions to go net zero. We would request you to connect us to 2-3 companies that could also join the coalition – all sectors are welcome.
- The roundtable discussion was facilitated by H.E. Malik Amin Aslam (SAPM on Climate Change), Christian Turner (British High Commissioner) and Dr. Shamshad Akhtar (Former Finance Minister and Trustee for PET) facilitated the dialogue at the launch.
- In addition, Net Zero Pakistan has received a grant of USD 200,000 /year from a period of 3 years from the European Grant Foundation.
There were four key themes that emerged from the roundtable:
- Companies require world-class technical expertise to deliver the bold actions of setting and implementing science-based targets
- Showcasing Pakistani companies’ efforts can build a global Pakistan brand around sustainability – attracting more business to the country
- Investing in large-scale interventions through an ecosystem of partnerships will be required to achieve net zero by 2050
- An enabling policy landscape will allow companies to unlock tools for decarbonization that are not currently available in Pakistan
Please follow our social media pages and share the content below on your feeds so we can amplify these initiatives and reach a greater, more global audience.
Please invite 2 or 3 companies within your network to join the coalition. All industry sectors are welcome.