Consultant for new Aegean Coast of Turkey Environment Foundation
The Aegean Coast (Turkey) Environment Foundation (ACTEF) launching in 2021, will facilitate funding for the most effective grassroots environmental initiatives, with world-class oversight, management and programme aid.
The ACTEF will raise funds to support the most effective environmental projects and campaigns working to protect and restore nature along the Aegean Coast, and across the region*. The foundation will focus on restoring and protecting biodiversity on land, at sea and in fresh water. It will also promote a circular economy, green jobs, and responsible tourism.
ACTEF will aim to unite the many brilliant environmental organisations already working in the region to increase the channels of funding available for their work, and to provide a neutral platform through which to coordinate their efforts towards an aligned and cohesive long-term strategy for protecting nature in the region.
The Conservation Collective and a group of funders are looking for someone to carry out a scoping study over the summer (content outline attached) and if that goes well, to potentially take on the role of full-time Executive Director.
- Scoping study – what are the key environmental challenges, priorities and opportunities.
- Positioning piece – conduct interviews with the environmental NGOs and grassroots conservation organisations to investigate their willingness to collaborate with one another, and document what they each see as their key needs and challenges.
- Feasibility study – which private, corporate or institutional donors with a strong connection to, or interest in, the Aegean Coast of Turkey could be our supporters? Who is already /is not already giving? How could this foundation be designed to bring in those who are not the ‘usual suspects’?
- Local or well-integrated resident of the area with strong communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken Turkish and English
- Pro-active, highly organised individual – a self-starter and entrepreneurial approach
- Passion for nature restoration and conservation
- Excellent connections with government, policy makers and businesses
- Good understanding of the key NGOs operating in the area
- Background in marine biology, not for profits, or other environmental studies
Successful scoping studies can lead to being considered for the role of the Executive Director of the new organisation, this role is split 50/50 between grant making and fund raising. Fund administration and communications are also handled by this individual, with the support of the steering committee and the Conservation Collective.
Attached is the job description and the scoping report contents overview.
Please apply to email@example.com with a CV and cover note by the end of June.