Summer Internship at the Conservation Collective – Caribbean
The Conservation Collective (CC) is a growing global network of locally focused independent environment foundations which support grass-roots nature restoration projects. There are now thirteen of these foundations, including seven in the Mediterranean, across Greece (Argolic, Ionian and Cyclades Islands); Italy (Tuscany) and Spain (Ibiza, Mallorca and Menorca); two in the UK (Devon and the Highlands & Islands of Scotland); two in the Caribbean (St Vincent & the Grenadines and Barbados); one in Lamu, Kenya and one in the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka. These foundations are supporting some really brilliant and inspirational projects and are making a huge impact in each of these places.
- The central network has developed a best practice framework for creating new foundations.
- The foundations raise money from people and businesses that have a strong connection to a particular area and distribute the funds to the most effective local grass-roots conservation initiatives across marine, landscapes, energy and waste. The bottom-up approach involves, empowers and strengthens local communities, seeing environmental renewal as inextricable from economic renewal.
- A central team serves to seed, strengthen and support member foundations.
- Demand for the model and the pipeline is growing fast, and the growth trajectory could see the network going from 15 to 30 local foundations by 2025.
- The team currently includes an exec director, a network director and a communications manager. It is overseen by a Board of Trustees.
We are in the process of creating four new Caribbean foundations (for Jamaica, Antigua the Cayman Islands and Bahamas) and we are seeking an intern with strong organisational skills and local understanding of the region to coordinate the process.
Location & duration:
Work from home with weekly / biweekly in person meet ups if London-based.
Appointed in June the internship will last between one – two months of July/August 2021.
Role and responsibilities:
Overall coordination and project management for the creation of the new foundations:
- Managing and tracking relationships with potential donors
- Researching potential donors and key local partners
- Collating useful materials and local insight for new foundations
- Assisting and supporting other members of the team with admin tasks
- Circulating updates to ensure all foundations have up to date materials
- Coordinating events/webinars
- Booking trips
Phone bill and pre-approved expenses payable.
Send a CV and a short cover email outlining why this job appeals to you, and your connections with this region to firstname.lastname@example.org