On Wednesday we hosted our first ever CC Awards and it was incredible to bring everyone together, even if virtually, to celebrate the excellent achievements of our foundations and the environmental champions they support.
The winners were:
- Best Grant Land – Lanka Environment Fund(Wildlife Corridors)
- Best Grant Freshwater – Devon Environment Foundation (Beaver reintroduction)
- Best Grant Marine – Highlands & Islands Environment Foundation (Mapping & Modelling tool – fin fish farming)
- Best Grant Waste – Ionian Environment Foundation (Waste Action Awareness Week) & Menorca Preservation (Plastic Free Menorca)
- Fundraising Award – St Vincent & The Grenadines Environment Fund for the significant levels of funds raised for volcano relief efforts to support local communities.
- Innovation Award – IbizaPreservation for its work adapting to online methods of increasing the access of communities to local produce, sustainability focussed home school activities and eco-home tips.
- Impact Award – Cyclades Preservation Fund for Amorgorama, an initiative in partnership with the fishermen’s association of Amorgos, which gained recognition from the Greek ministry for its pilot programme stopping fishing for 28 days and cleaning up beaches with plastic pollution and discarded fishing gear instead, to allow local marine life to recover and fish species to breed undisturbed.
However, anyone working to protect and restore their local environment is a winner in our eyes and we have been blown away this year by the work we have been able to facilitate and support. We are in awe of all sixteen foundations which now exist in the CC network and couldn’t be more excited to see what 2022 brings!
You can watch the awards ceremony here