Devon Environment Foundation Two-Year Review is out!
The Devon Environment Foundation was founded in 2020 with the aim to protect and restore the natural beauty of Devon by funding local, nature-based solutions. Th ultimate goal is to help achieve the ’30 by 30′ objective, by which 30% of Devon is protected by 2030.
Since its inception, DEF has:
- Disbursed £ 435,000 on local environmental grants
- Funded 33 grassroots projects
Thanks to DEF funding, grantees have managed to:
- Clear 8,750 kg of plastic from the coasts of Devon
- Protected 8,000 m2 of Devon’s seabed as part of seaweed farms
- Trained 22 regenerative agriculture apprentices
- Trained 94 wildlife wardens