At the Conservation Collective everyday is Earth Day as we work towards preserving, protecting and regenerating biodiversity and ecosystems on land and below water, and on slowing down and adapting to climate change.
As well as working globally to boost support for effective grassroots environmental action, our team members are committed, personally, to making small changes to how we live, in order to do less damage to our precious planet. We are continually learning and exploring new ways for a more sustainable existence. Some of our top tips are:
- Up-cycle old clothes like cotton t-shirts and turn them into dusting/cleaning cloths.
- Use only reef-safe, non-toxic sunscreen. Protect yourself AND the sea!
- Take your daily contact lenses to Boots (or local pharmacy) to be recycled.
- Sign up to a local, organic food/veggie bag scheme and learn about food seasonality.
- Fight food waste by freezing and properly storing foods, and signing up to zero waste restaurant food schemes.