Lanka Environment Fund – launch – webinar
In October the Lanka Environment Fund hosted its launch, online. It was originally due host a launch event in Galle – to coincide with the England/Sri Lanka cricket match in March 2020 – but for obvious reasons was postponed and adapted into a zoom call.
Nevertheless it was an informative and inspiring session and the turnout was really great!
The session highlighted that Sri Lanka is at a crossroads: the stakes are high; the solutions are already there; and the time is now.
Featuring Vinod Malwatte, local executive director; founders Ben Goldsmith & Satish Selvanathan, and grantee Anjali Watson (The Wilderness & Wildlife Conservation Trust), the webinar introduced the Lanka Environment Fund and the various campaigns and projects it is developing and supporting.
The Lanka Environment Fund are looking for people to:
- Join our Steering Committee (SC) as a member and major donor. SC members meet quarterly to review and approve projects, direct strategy and aid in LEF’s fundraising initiatives;
- Make a regular or one-off donation – we have bank accounts in Sri Lanka and London;
- Introduce us to friends in your network (local partners, corporate partners, experts etc);
- Support a project or thematic area that is close to your heart – our core areas of interest are: (1) terrestrial ecosystem conservation; (2) marine conservation; (3) effective waste management; and (4) responsible tourism;
- Apply for a LEF grant by submitting a grant proposal and a grant application.