The MEPF have just released their latest newsletter detailing their incredible achievements from 2020 and announcing their four latest grants.
With the support of their donors in 2020, the MEPF managed to:
- Support 3 scientific studies in the field of marine conservation
- Support new local projects with € 50,000+
- Support 4 outreach and awareness initiatives
- Lead the creation of the Plastic Free Menorca Alliance and support its first steps
- Avoid 20 tons of local produce from going to waste during lockdown
- Support 15 local entities with their environmental projects
- Collaborate with 3 farms in the improvement of their water management systems
- Add 3 more local companies that wish to work in a more sustainable way and at the same time support us in our mission
- Extract more than 1.5 tons of waste from the sea
To read about their upcoming grants, such as their Surf and Clean project (pictured below), find their newsletter here.
Local press coverage:
Diario Menorca (pictured below)