As we grow Conservation Collective, we’re looking for a new Trustee to join the existing board to help us improve how we grow our network, maintaining flexibility as an opportunistic and entrepreneurial organisation whilst ensuring we manage reputational risks and drive programmatic integrity to raise more funds, spend it well and deliver great impact, and comply with our legal responsibilities as a Registered Charity.
Role of the Trustee (Scientific expert)
Our foundations support the best grassroots environmental initiatives focussed on the following environmental impact goals: helping species to thrive, regenerating natural habitats, adapting to or slowing down climate change, and reducing pollution.
- An expert in environmental sciences, marine biology, biodiversity, or other conservation background.
- An understanding of the technical aspects pertaining to grassroots grant giving and project development.
- Access to a network of global contacts with expertise in these issues
- A belief in and passion for our approach.
- Overseeing the governance of the network.
- Reviewing financials for the Conservation
- Collective UK charity.
- Approving audited accounts
- Assisting with the development of the network.
- Advising on strategic direction and expansion.
- Assessing and reviewing risk
How to apply
Please send your CV, along with a cover letter stating why you wish to work with the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org.